This unit, we're studying how God made the animals. The ABCJLM curriculum has it set up to study fish & birds for week 5, zoo animals week 6, farm animals week 7, & pets week 8. I decided that a farm sensory bin would be easiest.
K took one look at it and immediately decided he needed a barn, haha. So I drew one with sidewalk chalk!
What's in the box?
- some birdseed I had a huge bag of
- plastic shovel
- farmer toy
- dollar store tractor
- These farm animals
- a couple of rubber duckies from our bath toys
At his kids' program, he's learning about the color orange, so I made an orange bin. (They switch colors every 4 weeks.)
What's in the bin?
- orange colored rice
- wooden pumpkins from Hobby Lobby
- small plastic leaves from Hobby Lobby
- gourds & pumpkins from $ store
- a whale bath toy for pouring
- Zoe from Sesame Street
- orange pipe cleaners
- foam letters from THIS set
- I'm going to add some fall leaves next week.