Saturday, November 17, 2012

C is for Caterpillar


Letter- C (glued caterpillars on the C)

Number- 4

Bible- Baby Moses. We did the craft pictured below. Here is the link. Learned Ps 56:3-4 (You can search Youtube for verses, and most of the ones in the curriculum are on there to music. A BIG help to me!) We also sang "Little Ones Like Me" (Youtube also a great resource for kids' songs. I am not musical!) & "Hey Diddle Diddle".



Book- Hermie, a cute Max Lucado book about loving the way God made you and what he's turning you into.  We searched Youtube for "caterpillar changes to butterfly." He loved it! LOVE Youtube! Also, check out this video on insects- so cool; I think any kid would really enjoy it! (K asked me to search "yucky bugs", so I did, lol!)

Tot Trays- We kind of had an insect theme going- insect flash cards (from $1 aisle @ Target), insect finger puppets (f/ Oriental Trading C0.), lacing beads, & the sheet pictured below. I made magnets like these out of flat marbles & magnets- hot glued the magnets on & done! There are tons of sheets online to use with these magnets or the dot markers.

Fine motor- made shapes out of play-doh to review shapes.

Gross motor- threw stuffed animals into laundry basket.

My first post explains what curriculum we're doing. 

I share with 1+1+1=1.

Life Happens...
I let K push G-man a little bit. Baby is getting so big!!





No comments:

Post a Comment